CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ode to Changes

Changes... I've never been a great fan of it. In the last 10 years I had more changes in my life then the first 40. I've had some marvelous changes.... I watched 2 of my kids get married, Scott and I got married and 4 grandsons have joined my family. I've moved 3 times and have had 3 new jobs. Some changes were more difficult to adjust to. I lost my dad - life has never been quite the same - and lost touch with friends and others in my life. Some of these changes have required a lot of soul searching and prayer to find a positive outcome. Soon another change will be taking place. Rick is moving to Portland. Now everyone will say "great" and I agree but it is an end to an "era" of my family. No more kids (not that he's a kid) in my home daily. Right now it's a little emotional for me to think of not seeing him every day. Rick and I have been "here" for each other through a lot of changes in both of our lives. I have a lot of fun memories with him - Forever in Blue Jeans, football in the living room, walking for grapes, great talks at the table, Sports Central, Dr. Pepper and a lot more. It's true, I will miss him but this is SUCH an exciting and wonderful change!! I think its a little difficult when the youngest leaves home... sigh... how funny to think that I will be going through the empty nest syndrome now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

JUST THINK OF IT NOW THERE CAN BE NAKED HOUSE DANCING!!!!! WOOWOO!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennikunz said...

This was a tear jerker !

Annie said...

Don't worry you'll still have us around!! My mom and mostly dad went through this exact same thing when we all left and it took them all of a week to get over it and on the Harley!