My brother flew into town for a quick visit to help my mom with her taxes. We got together Friday night for pizza at my house with Jenni, Randy, Daniel and Nicki and families. Dan had a friend from Australia that came for a visit.. you BLOKE ... (thanks Annie). She thought I had the "most beautiful American home so far"... I really liked her!
The grandkids spent the evening WHIPPING down my stairs.. .Max really gets moving!Is there any question here that Max is the brains of the family??
Scott missed out on pizza night as he was highly involved in the Woodcarvers competition and show. He was involved from set up on Thursday until take down Saturday night. He entered several EXCELLENT pieces of work. And LOOK at his results!My personal favorite... BLUE RIBBON... guy in the hammock. Everything, including the leaves are carved. Look at the cute cooler with the sandwich and can on it? How clever is that!!
First place for Gandolf and third for the taco dude.
Scott was a little disappointed with the Second on the Scarecrow. He'll try again at the state fair with him.
This box is called "chip carving" and is difficult to do. Not many people even attempt it. This style of carving was brought over from Russia. Scott's Russian friend has shown him how to do this.
And the BIGGEST surprise of the night was this.... my practice woodburning piece. Scott secretly took this piece and entered it. I had NO idea until I walked into the show. There it was on the first table..... Guess I'll have to try for a BLUE ribbon next time!!
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Food, Family and Ribbons~
Posted by Lucky 7s at 10:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Nice work Scott! I love Max in glasses and I believe you spell it Bloke. Randy loves the new words he learned!
Wow, that is so cool! I didn't know Scott did that--his pieces are awesome!
ohhh she meant Bloke! I had no idea what you were talking about momma! I love your second place ribbon! nice work! Such a talented mom I have!
Oh JEr- congrats on the ribbon- what a cute hubby to sneak that in for you! HOw fun! HIs were really good too! Love ya!
Congratulation!! What a fun hobbie!!
Post a Comment