CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 15, 2008

"I'm Scared"


My mom called the other night at 1:00 am. She was weak and having a hard time breathing. She didn't feel "right". She wondered if this was it. My mom told me "I'm scared". Those two words struck so much emotion into my heart. My mom is 86. I don't believe she is scared of dying. She's strong in her beliefs of a life after death and of seeing her husband again. I believe she's scared of the process of dying - the how and when. Her being scared came as a shock to me. Moms aren't scared of anything! Moms will take on anyone that has wronged their child. Moms stand up for what they believe is right. Moms will even call your landlord for you! They have no fear. So I was emotional - cried some heavy duty tears - when she told me she was scared. Guess what? Moms are human too. They share our same emotions of happiness, sadness and fear. I made a discovery about myself today. I've said for years that I don't want to be "there" when she passes on. I was there with my dad and didn't want to do it again. But today I discovered that I do want to be with her when the time comes. I want to be holding her hand, telling her she's beautiful and that I love her so she won't be scared.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohh dear i am so sorry, i will keep her in my prayers,just remember perfect love casteth out all fear, its really sweet of you to want to be with her in her end, you wont regert it ,since losing my little brother and dad i am glad i was there with them , ya know , so chin up and we all be prayin k oxox if ya ever need to talk message me anytime k

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

Oh I am so sorry and I hope that the best turns out. That pic of you two is great. I will keep you in my prayers.

Much luvs