We spent the past weekend in Rexburg, Idaho. Why you ask?? Scott's dad and step mom planned a family reunion. Scott's dad has 12 kids (8 sons 4 daughters) and they wanted to get everyone together. Almost everyone was there plus a lot of little kids too. It was great fun. This is a picture of Scott, his dad and five of his brothers.After all the food and fun and festivities on Thursday and Friday, we got up at 4:00 am on Saturday for Scott's Mesa Falls marathon run. If you know anything about marathon's you know that they are 26.2 miles. I dropped him off to catch the bus at 5:00 and then at 9:00 I went out looking for him. It was great fun as I could "leap frog" ahead of him a mile or two... cheer for him, hand him a banana or water and then jump back in the car and get ahead of him a few miles later. What added to the succssful run for him was the fact that most of his family did the same thing. He and Cary ran together and the family was there cheering them on for the last 10 miles of the race. A couple of the kids jumped out of the cars and ran along with them... not for very far though. Anyway, I was so proud and happy for Scott. He finished and had a good time doing it. I believe this makes his 5th marathon and he'll be doing one in Logan next month too. This is a picture of all the "cheerleaders" and the marathon runners. (Notice the matching shirts some of us are wearing)...
Last but not least we drove up to the Mesa Falls (where the marathon all begin) to see the beautiful scenery. It was very lovely as was the weekend. I enjoyed getting to know Scott's family better. We had a wonderful time and hope to do it again soon.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Family and 26.2
Posted by Lucky 7s at 4:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Congrats to Scott!! Marathon's are not for the wussy--I'm glad it was him and not me.
hooray Scott!! Love that picture!
A Marathon? Don't you guys have anything else to do? You could come visit CA but I guess you like the running and Rexburg lifestyle. How cool!
Post a Comment