WOW.. what a great weekend I just had! I flew to Portland (compliments to Jenni and her job) for Rusty and Collette's college graduations on Thursday morning with Rick. This is us at the airport waiting to take off!!
First activity in P town was the ceremony where Rusty received his "cords" for graduating cum laude. He was disappointed in the ceremony but how could a mother be disappointed?? NOT EVEN!
Next on our agenda was the opening AND playing of Rusty's graduation present from Collette. A Wii... I am getting one of these things! Bowling was intense but great fun.Later -or I should say LATE that night, Randy and Griff arrived to join in on the festivities. My boys were back together. It was great as they haven't been together since last Labor Day. We did, however, really miss having Jenni there.
On Friday Collette's family arrived as well as Cooky, Suze, Miner and their kids. We sat around Rusty's house most of the day and visited before we left for the best pizza in P town.
Saturday morning we were up early and ON TIME for breakfast so we could head out for the commencement ceremonies. Collette and Rusty looked so great in their caps and gowns! I felt so proud! I was wiping away tears all day!!
The ceremony took place in THE Rose Garden.. not A rose garden but the Rose Garden where the Portland Trailblazers play. My mistake... I thought it was a rose garden... with roses...
Me and the graduate!
After graduation we went to a wonderful luncheon. That evening we went bowling to celebrate Rusty's birthday which was also on that day.
Sunday the party continued with an all afternoon event at Rooster Rock. Collette wanted to throw a party for Rusty so they invited fellow geology students and their families to come to an afternoon of... FOOD... and fun. We ate great Chicago style sausages grilled up by Jimmy (Collette's step dad) and just about everything else you can think of. There were all kinds of activities to do. It was a very fun day.
Friends of Rusty and Collette~
Collette's family/Rusty's family at the picnic on Sunday.. (I'm taking the picture)Handstand competition.... guess who?
Picnic goers... (this is just half of the group that was there!)
Rusty and Collette did a terrific job keeping all of us (13 visitors) fed and entertained! It was a wonderful weekend and once again.. congrats to both of you!!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Portland Festivities
Posted by Lucky 7s at 6:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
fun! I really am sad I was't there!!
so were we!!
rooster rock was the most fun iv had in forever great weekend!
I'm so glad you took pictures! It made me feel like I was kind of there. Can't wait for Chicago!
We definitely missed Jenni, Annie and the nephews. What a great recap of the weekend!
I am pretty sure it only takes two Griffin's to have a party so I can only imagine the fun. Congrats to Rusty for being so smart...I've decided to never amount to anything in life since Hayley and Rusty both graduated with those special cords and well, I'll be lucky if they let me wear the gown! Great photos.
Post a Comment