CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Last 48....


My emotions have been so on edge - I can hardly type this blog. Friday started out as a perfectly wonderful day. My good friend Sandy and her husband were in SLC and were heading up to the cabin with Scott and I. Sandy and I were driving together -so we could stop and buy some groceries. As we were heading up the canyon my phone rang - seeing it was Randy I immediately thought he was calling about the 4 wheelers. When he started talking I interrupted to tell him I didn't need them - then he said louder "no mom, Hank has Leukemia!"... my world crashed. I have never received such a terrible call in my life. Hank.. sweet 5 yr old Hank! My Wii buddy - the 4 wheeler KING.... no not him! I had to call Jenni, Rick and Rusty to let them know about Hank.... that was so difficult.

I cried for hours but when Hank was assigned a room I left for PCMC. I arrived just as the oncologist was talking to Randy, Annie, Jackie and Sarah. She mentioned that there were several possibilities - that she wasn't totally sure it was Leukemia... a LIGHT of hope! I stayed for several hours then drove to Lehi so I could be back at the hospital before 10:00 for the test results. When I got home - I made a quick mention on Facebook about him. The out-pouring of love and prayers from friends has been amazing.


Saturday morning... could it really be only Saturday? It felt like a week in 15 hrs. Randy, Annie, Jackie and I waited patiently for the doctor. She finally arrived. The first words out of her mouth was that Hank DID NOT have Leukemia! Wow... all our prayers and tears had been answered. Could we have been anymore blessed?! Hank has HUS (read Annie's blog) which is affecting his kidneys. He'll be in the hospital for a few days as they try to get the bacteria out of his kidneys and have them functioning correctly again. He's still not out of the woods but the doctor feels he will make a full recovery.


Nothing in life is more precious than our families.Nothing states it better than a comment Annie made several years ago... "We love each other very much!" YES WE DO!!

1 comments:

huggin said...

Oh my gosh... I cannot even imagine getting that call... and then having to turn around and make that call three more times... thanks for the pictures and for keeping me updated!! love ya!