CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Nothing better than Grandkids!!

Today I went to Dyson's basketball game. By the way... he rocks it!


Colby, his 9 year old brother, wanted to either tell or show me something. He was sitting between his mom and dad and would look at me and laugh and then get shy. As IF he hasn't been around me his entire life. Finally he sat by me and made a funny sound. I look at him and say "what was that?" He starts to giggle and pulls out some sort of toyish thing he must have got at the gas station... call "gas sounds".. Apparently you put your finger in it and pull it out.. it makes... well, you can imagine what happens next. Seriously, little boys are the funniest! I've been chuckling all day about that.



Hank and Max had to call me the other night. Max did his ramblings first saying "hi" and "love you".


Then Hank and I discussed his basketball game that I missed (only for lack of not knowing about it). Then he had to shout out his big news. It took me a brief second to catch on as he was so excited. Which, I am too!!



Scott is spending the afternoon with his grandson Taylon watching "SAW" movies... gotta wonder about that. He had this "date" with Taylon planned when I was scheduled to go to Cabo (another story).


Then in two weeks he'll be winter snow camping with Jayden.



There is absolutely nothing better than having a relationship with your grandchildren. They give us "old" people hope for the future. They make my heart warm and I feel mushy all over. They remind me of the innocence of life. It reinforces to me the uniqueness of unconditional love for our families. I'm excited for more of these bundles of life to come along into my life. A couple are on their way but I know they'll be more. What a marvelous blessing AND treat for me. I love them all so much!!





Being a grandma is the best!!

0 comments: