During the middle of February, Scott and I went up to Portland to help Rusty and Collette with some fixer-upper work on their new house. But FIRST the tour....
Their Living Room ... very relaxing. They have a great window in front where you can see the park across the street. I sat in here in the mornings and watched their new neighbors walk their dogs (lots of dogs), ride bikes and jog at 7:00 am on the weekend.
And of course.. the nursery!!! How cute is this? They are both very excited for the newest member of our family to arrive. As am I!!
This is the family room off from the kitchen. Laundry room right by it which makes it very convenient to do wash and not miss a single moment of your favorite show.
We (meaning Scott and Rusty) got to work first thing Friday morning. Rusty needed some plumbing help as their master tub had some issues. Scott and Rusty were able to quickly put those issues to rest.
Then Scott jumped onto the project he REALLY wanted to do... create a MAN CAVE for Rusty. Scott, Rusty and Rick worked the majority of the weekend on this project.
Rick and Scott cutting and hanging sheet rock in the soon to be MAN CAVE.
Rusty and Scott wiring.. the MAN CAVE.
I actually did a little work. I helped Rusty paint the main bathroom. I was very neat.. didn't want to get paint on my newly done nails...
This is the first coat of paint. The wall is plaster so it took a couple of "do's" but the color is awesome. I can't wait to see the finished product when I go back up!
It wasn't all work, however. We had some yummy food and had some great laughs. To include me kicking Rick's butt in Wii 3 on 3 basketball! Oh yeh... who's the champ!!
Rusty drew this Snidley Whiplash mustache on himself while working in the garage... no mirror... pretty darn good.


Random pictures from the weekend:
The Baby Bump: (sorry Collette - she was talking on the phone and I surprised her)
Exhausted MAN CAVE workers: (can we play the Wii now??)
My Kids:

1 comments:
How cute is Rusty and Collette's house?! Furthermore, how cute are you and Scott for going up to help. Your family sure is lucky to have Scott the handy-man around.
Post a Comment