First off, I want to start my blog with wishing my mom a
Happy Birthday!
Even though she's not with us this year to celebrate -
Her birthday song lives on in our hearts
as does her memory!
Mom would have been 89 this year.
Her mom passed away when she was 88 -
I don't think my mom wanted to live more years than her mom lived.
Last year, for her 88th birthday, we celebrated with
our annual BBQ, cake and fireworks.
She also had a special treat of SKYPING with Alan
who was oversees at that time.
(Mom Skyping at 88)
I remember one story that she would tell me (over and over)
about her birthday when she was a child.
As her birthday was the day before the 4th of July
many times friends would not come to her party.
The reason being - they were getting ready for the 4th of July!
Making outfits and decorating "things" for the parade.
Times have changed!!





Grandma Jeri (me) impressed the grandsons with crushing hits
of the rubber ball (one handed I might add).
Dinner was great! BBQ steak or hot dogs, salad,
fruit and ice cream to top it off!

After dinner we played another thrilling game of baseball.
The boys asked me to play - how cool is that!!
My first hit I noticed a terrible PAIN in my elbow.
Thinking I was being a WUSS I kept playing.
On Monday morning I couldn't lift my arm.
I stayed home from work to try and get into the doctor.
In my mind, I'm thinking "tennis elbow" and that I'd need
a cortisone shot. Those shots hurt so I had to be in a lot of pain
to actually go to the doctor (thinking that's what I needed).
The doctor looked at my elbow - bent it - OH THE PAIN! and
then told me it wasn't Tennis elbow but a TORN TENDON.
Seriously??? Are you kidding me??? I was using a PLASTIC
BAT and a RUBBER B ALL. Oh I am old!!
The ending results!
Happy Birthday!
Even though she's not with us this year to celebrate -
Her birthday song lives on in our hearts
as does her memory!
Mom would have been 89 this year.
Her mom passed away when she was 88 -
I don't think my mom wanted to live more years than her mom lived.
Last year, for her 88th birthday, we celebrated with
our annual BBQ, cake and fireworks.
She also had a special treat of SKYPING with Alan
who was oversees at that time.
(Mom Skyping at 88)I remember one story that she would tell me (over and over)
about her birthday when she was a child.
As her birthday was the day before the 4th of July
many times friends would not come to her party.
The reason being - they were getting ready for the 4th of July!
Making outfits and decorating "things" for the parade.
Times have changed!!
I miss her every day
Love you MOM!
Love you MOM!
Other updates from this past week:
Sunday proved to be a perfect day for a BBQ
with Jenni, Randy and their families.


We had time for a little ball before dinner and after.


Grandma Jeri (me) impressed the grandsons with crushing hits
of the rubber ball (one handed I might add).
Dinner was great! BBQ steak or hot dogs, salad,
fruit and ice cream to top it off!

After dinner we played another thrilling game of baseball.
The boys asked me to play - how cool is that!!
My first hit I noticed a terrible PAIN in my elbow.
Thinking I was being a WUSS I kept playing.
On Monday morning I couldn't lift my arm.
I stayed home from work to try and get into the doctor.
In my mind, I'm thinking "tennis elbow" and that I'd need
a cortisone shot. Those shots hurt so I had to be in a lot of pain
to actually go to the doctor (thinking that's what I needed).
The doctor looked at my elbow - bent it - OH THE PAIN! and
then told me it wasn't Tennis elbow but a TORN TENDON.
Seriously??? Are you kidding me??? I was using a PLASTIC
BAT and a RUBBER B ALL. Oh I am old!!
The ending results!BUT hey - I crushed the ball and the grandsons thought I was cool! It was definitely all worth it in the end!!!



1 comments:
I really miss her sweet voice singing her Happy Birthday tune. It's something I will never forget about her. Oh, and I will make sure to hide the baseball gear from you today! Way too dangerous.
Post a Comment