CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Word from a "MIL"

I am a Dr. Phil junkie... THERE! I said it!!! I started to DVR his shows a couple of months ago and can't get enough! I have noticed a "re-occurring" theme though ... MONSTERS In Law... aka the dreaded Mother in Law.

As a mother we love our children more than life itself. We would do ANYTHING to take away their pain and make their lives happy. HOWEVER, there are those MIL that think they "know best" for their children regarding everything. Even when they are adults!! YIKES (who would want that responsibility??) I have watched on DP (Dr. Phil) numerous MILs who are trying to break up their child's marriage ... including posting a profile on several single websites for their son. SERIOUSLY? Those type of women are the reason MILs get such a bad reputation.

As just one Mother-in-law in this crazy world.. I would like to comment about my awesome son and daughters in-laws.

Lynn aka Vinny: He is just like one of the "boys". He fits in perfectly. He's very talented (plays the guitar) and is good at math. He has one of the best work ethics I've seen! AND he's vocal at soccer games. I love his laugh! Unfortunately he is a Utah fan but I'll let that one slide....




Annie aka Wank: People think she is my daughter when they see her picture. She's passionate about yoga and is very smart. She pays attention to detail and makes the best chocolate chip cookies. She's great at hosting a great together with 2.5 seconds notice. Annie likes BYU!





Collette aka Coco: She's learning to deal with this tight group of siblings. She's extremely photogenic and a good cook. (I've tried her meals on Scott - big success) She's business smart (degree in economics) and kicks my butt when playing "words with friends". Collette will let Owen wear a BYU shirt but is a pure Packers fan.





I love these three people. They are like my own kids ~ I am so happy to have them in my life and in my family!!

4 comments:

Annie said...

How sweet are you? So sweet in fact I will forgive you for posting that rotten 9 month pregnant photo of me! I feel very lucky to have you in my life as well. No monster in law in this family! Love you!

Lucky 7s said...

Oh I liked that picture.. sorry. I thought it was cute.. PLUS we kind of look alike in it!! lol

Jennikunz said...

Likes math? Nah.... Thats not right. But thats cool.

Rusty and Collette said...

Thanks Jeri! You are wonderful too.