CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Catching up on the FUN stuff!

It has been a rough Three (only 3?) weeks but for the most part I have had a wonderful time with family and friends.  In a previous post I added some pictures of the 4th of July which Scott and I spent with Jenni, Lynn, Dyson, Colby and Lennon - at our cabin up Tollgate Canyon.  I also mentioned it was our anniversary and added some pictures of that as well.  I have taken SO many pictures recently that I want to just continue with that post... kindof a Part 2 and add more pictures.

Scott and I took a day away from cancer and didn't think or talk about it AT ALL on July 7th so we could celebrate our FIFTH wedding anniversary.  He booked a room at the Blue Boar Inn in Midway.  We had a wonderful time!  I love him more every day!! 



After dinner we went back to our room and the bed was turned down... lights were low.... romantic music was playing~  Ahhhh


Thursday, July 12th, my lovely friends Rea and Colette met me for lunch in Orem.  We had a nice time visiting though most of the talk was about my diagnosis.  They were both so concerned and showed so much love for me.  What a blessing friends are!


Saturday and Sunday (July 14th and 15th) Randy, Annie, Hank, Max and Sam came to cabin to spend some time with Scott and I.  It was SO nice to have them there!  It was peaceful, calm and just plain perfect!


While the BIG kids were riding the 4 wheelers - Sam took a bath in the sink (which he loved)  ....  who can resist THAT face!


AND spent some quality hugging time with me!!  He was happier than he looks right now!! I love his laugh! 
 
After the 4 wheel rides.. there was some down time for some movie watching!
 
 Sunday, after we got home, we went over to Jenni's house to check out her car and see what it wouldn't start.  Her luck with cars continues....  (Dyson and Lennon in the driveway)


  Wednesday, July 18th, my friends from work: 3 Linda's and a Ruth (Jill and Teri came but not pictured) took me to the movie BRAVE.... very poetic~

 
On Thursday I worked 2 hours  then decided I needed some "me" time before my surgery.  I took some flowers up to the cemetery. I needed my mom and dad.


I then went to Jenni's house to see the kids.


 We decided to paint our toes nails (including Lennon's) TEAL as a statement for the OR staff.  I wanted them to think of me as the 'gal with the Teal toenails' instead of the 'gal whose boobs we took!'

Friday came as much as I didn't want it to.  I needed our last "normal" picture together.  This is as we are leaving for the hospital~ 

 I don't have a picture of my cheerleaders at the hospital but Scott, his brother Bruce, Jenni, Dyson  and Jerry Griffin were in the waiting room... doing just that.... waiting.  The surgery was 5 hours.... whew

On Tuesday, January 24th, Randy, Annie and their kids along with Jenni, Lynn and their kids came for fireworks.  It was a fun few hours.  It's really ODD though when your daughter and daughter-in-law start MOTHERING you.  It was sweet and kind and I know they are worried and want me to get better.  I love them so much for it!!!  But role reversal.... 





I didn't get pictures of the fireworks but they were VERY cool this year.  As you can see - the past few weeks have been amazing and busy and FILLED with a lot of love!!  Next up - Rick, Anna, Rusty, Collette and Owen will be visiting!!!!!  I CAN NOT WAIT!!

0 comments: