Happy Birthday America!! I love celebrating the 4th of July and wearing red, white or blue. I love the patriotic music and fireworks!! This year was a little different.... no fireworks, as Utah is burning into a crispy critter, no patriotic music (as I forgot my CDs) and I wore WHITE... instead of RED. .. whatever! BUT we had a fun day!!
Jenni and her family came to the cabin with us the night of July 3rd and
stayed until the 6th. We 4 wheeled around, ate lots of yummy food,
watched movies, ate yummy food, played games, ate some more and went to
the Oakley Ro DE o! It was great fun! I especially liked how the peeps
kept everything moving so we weren't waiting for things to happen (like
some rodeo's I've seen).
Lennon was the most patriotic person! This is Lennon before the baby contest.
Lennon loved taking a bath in the sink at the cabin! Lots of splashing!!
The Oakley Rodeo...
July 7 marked 5 years married to Scott! I love this guy so much! He thinks what I think - he is empathic and kind to everyone. He goes out of his way to make everything pleasant. He's a hard worker and is ALWAYS busy. I feel so grateful and lucky to be with him. He is the calm during the storms. He's an amazing man.
Now the crappy stuff. On Tuesday I received a call from the doctor's office confirming that I have Breast Cancer. Yep - wow... I finally get my platelets to play nice and look what happens!! Scott and I met with the surgeon on Thursday. I'm scheduled for surgery on July 20th. Apparently my "girls" are dense - tissue wise, that is, so the doc ordered an MRI which I had on Friday. Those results will tell us if there are more tumors making trouble. Once that result is in, a final decision about surgery will be made. It appears, at this moment, that I will most likely need chemo and possibly radiation. So a couple of wigs (maybe a burgundy color?) and some cute scarves (I don't yet know how to wear those) will be in order. I know my hair isn't the greatest but I quite like it.... WELL - a good friend of mine has a saying "Life is all about how you handle Plan B". So we (me, my husband and kids) will handle plan B... of course this might be plan C or D for me.. but you get the point!
Life is so precious! Family and friends are what makes life worth it. Not the money, the house or the car but love and support. Nothing meant more to me this past week then my kids asking me daily how I was feeling and telling me that they love me, my grandkids all hugging me and the love and tears in Scott's eyes. We will be fine. I will get through this dip in the road of life and we will all learn something important from this experience. Family is what life is about. I love you, my family and friends!!










1 comments:
Oh Jeri-I hate this, the dreaded "c" word. It's not supposed to happen to you or anyone I love. After all you've been through, now this? Good thing you are the strongest person I know. I have no doubt you are going to kick breast cancer's ass and you have all our support to help you along the way. I love you so much and so do my kids. I'm here if you ever need me!
Post a Comment