CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lehi has 2 / Portland has 2



As I've posted earlier... change is tough and I'm not that good at it. Last weekend Rick left his safe, secure home in Lehi for the wilds (and weird) of Portland. Looking back to when I left home at 19 and headed for the "peaceful" life in California, I could not - at that time - understand what my mom was experiencing. Great adventures were in store for me.. an exciting new and challenging life! But now, as 2 of my kids have moved further away then meeting for lunch or Sunday dinner, I understand. Thankfully Rick and Rusty are only a phone call away or a 2 hour flight or a 13 hour drive.

On Saturday we had a great party... all were there with good food, exciting competitions, fun games and pictures (refer to Jenni's and Annie's blogs). And yes, Randy still makes faces at picture time.

Rusty and Collette flew in to help with the driving to Portland. Earlier on Friday it was discovered that Rick and Amanda had more "stuff" then previously thought. So Scott loaded up his truck and we drove up to Portland in a caravan starting at 4:00 am Sunday morning. We stayed for Labor Day enjoying a BBQ and a search for drift wood.

Scott and I then drove back Tuesday morning with a new/old claw bath tub in our truck. (story for another time)

As I have said earlier, I will miss seeing and chatting with Rick daily. I'll miss him being close, as I do Rusty. But I'm so excited for him and his new experiences - his engagement, school and a new job.

My kids (including in-laws and soon to be's) are the best and I love them all so much. My grandkids are in the status of perfect. I couldn't have a better family!








4 comments:

rick said...

where is the picture of the claw tub??

Annie said...

We love each other very much!!

Jennikunz said...

oh yes... we are great! And cute, and fun.

jackiewankier said...

I have been meaning to call and see how you are doing since Rick made the move...I know how hard it is when that last one leaves the nest and you and Rick have been especially close over the years...I wish them nothing but the best and hope that Portland is great for them...nonetheless, that still leaves mom without her baby..lucky for us that we have the ones that REALLY matter still close to us...I have threatened Annie and Kate that if they move, the children stay here!!!! We need to do lunch...am thinking about you..love, J.