CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 7, 2010

All Things Fall-ish

I love all the seasons in Utah. However, fall is especially nice. I love the smell of autumn - the beautiful colors and the crisp air. I love Fall Festivals, Halloween and Thanksgiving. I love craving pumpkins and making pumpkin cookies. Below are just a few things that have made this fall meaningful to me.

Here's my WILD mountain man at the Mountain Man Rendezvous in Ft. Bridger, Wyoming. This is held every Labor Day weekend. This year Scott has his "finery" ready to wear. He was a big hit with the fox hat.

Max - he turned 3 in September. He had to wait a week to celebrate his birthday but when the day came, he partied with gusto. This was taken the day he had 3 shots. His smile is so infectious!!


My hard working husband! No job is too hard or big for him. He sledgehammered out our cracked/broken sidewalk. The neighbor kids think he is the "coolest" around and Cody (the little one) calls Scott his best friend.


The beautiful fall colors up at the cabin! They were so bright and beautiful this year. I wish they would last longer than 2 weeks!


FOOTBALL!! It's a "rebuilding" year... we'll get 'um next year. Enough said...


Corn Mazes and Hee Haw's! I can't wait to take the grandkids this year. Hank has already mentioned the HUGE haystack slide!!


And HALLOWEEN!! I love Halloween... I love to decorate and dress up. I love to see all the cute costumes on the neighbor kids and grandkids. What's better this time of year than caramel apples, candy corn, apple cider and chili?!


However, sadly, there is a change this fall. My mom. She is no longer herself. She's struggling with age and wanting to be with my dad. Her mind is very confused and her thoughts jumbled. We've had our differences over the years but she was always there in the tough times. She lost my dad about the same time my first marriage was falling apart. We cried together over our losses. She's cheered with me over the accomplishments of my kids and finding Scott. I miss that mom. I don't know how many (if any) more falls I'll share with my mom as she is in the winter of her life. But "cheers" to my mom and the fall of 2010 that we are sharing together.

(1998 - Jenni's wedding)

0 comments: