CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 27, 2011

Out with the old..... In with the NEW!!

Since the day I bought my current house I have wanted to change the counter tops... as they are GREEN. And not just speckles of Green... but end to end Green!! The gal that I bought the house from most have LOVED green. We have 2 bedrooms with GREEN carpet and the vanity in one of the bathrooms is GREEN along with the GREEN kitchen.

While checking out prices - Scott suggested that we do the cabinets as well. I loved my knotty alder cabinets that I had in Highland. Scott called his contractor friend/kindof relative who showed me what we could do. The cost was in my budget so off we went. It took 2 weeks from demolition - which Rick helped Scott accomplish - to the finished product (which was completed 2 hrs before Owen's arrival but that's another blog).

For your viewing pleasure (I want lots of oooohhhs and aaahhhhhs)!!

Before:

It's not ugly.... its just GREEN - and check out the cabinets

After the demolition:

Can I mention here that not having a functional kitchen for 2 weeks is tough!


After the beautiful cabinets and new lights have been installed:

Scott did put the old sink back in for a few days.. THANK YOU!!

New Counter tops:




And FINALLY.... (trumpets please.....)

The finished project!


I really like it! The kitchen looks totally different AND a little bigger!! It was definitely worth the wait!

Now on to that GREEN bathroom!!

2 comments:

huggin said...

I love it! I definitely ooh'd and aah'd. It really modernizes the kitchen and it looks great!

Jennikunz said...

love your new kitchen! So glad you did it!!