Thanksgiving has come and gone ... again. I remember when my kids were younger and we would have T dinner at grandma Griffin's house - she would have 5 kernels of corn on each of our plates. Before we could start passing around the turkey and trimmings we had to mention 5 things that we were grateful for. Oh.. my kids HATED doing that. But looking back - that was such a good lesson to teach them. We have so many things to be thankful for that we take for granted.
My five things that I'm thankful for today besides the obvious (we could never say the obvious when we did this) which are my family, which I love them all so very very much and the gospel are:
1. My job... even though its been a tough one - in this economy I am grateful for a solid job.
2. My home - the fact that I could qualify by myself as a single woman felt like a huge accomplishment which I've been so grateful for.
3. A country where I have freedom to voice my opinion... even if people disagree. It's ok
4. That the price of gas has gone down ... need I say more?
5. That we will have water at the cabin this winter .. (you must come visit so you can appreciate this!)
Anyway... here's a pic (sorry Steve) of our dinner gathering at my house this year. We were missing Rick and Amanda, Rusty and Collette, Jamie and David and their family but we had Daniel and Cat, Randy, Annie and kids, Jenni, Lynn and kids, Sheryl, Steve and Becca and my mom. So we had a full house and a great time.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Thanksgiving~
Posted by Lucky 7s at 8:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving, Jer! And yes, Avy wakes up very early every morning. She does, however, also go to sleep at 5:30pm.
I miss the good ol' days of corn kernel counting and giving thanks. I tried to suggest we do it today at dinner with all our friends, but they all looked a little puzzled, so I didn't make them :)
Lynn is totally not in this picture.....
Thank you again for dinner yesterday. I think I had a dream about those rolls--they were heaven!
I love your idea about getting all the kids together. That would be a blast! And about adding a chat wall....just go to theblogfrog and sign in. Then click the "widgets" tab at the top of the page. You'll see the chat wall. All you have to do from there is click "Add Blogger" and it will guide you from there.
Post a Comment