First off... we must travel back to the end of July....
Scott and I headed down to Las Vegas on July 20th so we would be there bright and early to see Alan's change of command the next morning. He became the new commander of the medical staff at Nellis Air Force base.


It was such a cool/neat/awesome experience. It actually gave me chills. I was very proud of him and kept thinking how proud my dad and mom would be. I wish they could have been there.
We stayed until Sunday morning. We swam in their pool, ate at the "all you can eat" (which was YUMMY) and spent hours talking. We had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back.

Thanks to Katye for letting us take over her room that she hadn't moved into yet. And to Jared, who was our comic relief.


BTW... they have a very nice house.... and love guests!!
A few days after we returned my cousin Margaret called to tell me that her mother has passed away. AUNT RUTH.. even my kids knew her. She was the last relative left of my parents generation. Now I am part of the oldest generation in my family.
A small graveside ceremony was held in Manti. I have many fond memories of my Aunt Ruth. She was a part of our family parties and holidays for many years. She was widowed for 40 years. I'm sure there was another happy reunion above when she passed away.
I detailed Owen's visit in August BUT another exciting thing happened that month.
NEW CAR!!
My first ever bought-by-myself CAR! I love it. It's a 2012 Elantra limited. It's so much fun to drive. LOVE it!
In September I detailed Sam's arrival in an earlier blog BUT I injured myself YET again. This time slamming my finger in the door of my beautiful new car right after I had taken the grandkids to Jump-On-It.
Me, getting the shot to numb the finger
(seriously, the worse shot I've ever had!)
Turnicut to stop the bleeding
(so glad my platelets were good)
Foil finger nail
(so the skin would stay in the right place
so the nail could grow back)
The going home "look"
A few days after we returned my cousin Margaret called to tell me that her mother has passed away. AUNT RUTH.. even my kids knew her. She was the last relative left of my parents generation. Now I am part of the oldest generation in my family.
Sterling & Margaret, Barb & Reid, Georgia & Ray
Jerry & Janice, Don, Gene
A small graveside ceremony was held in Manti. I have many fond memories of my Aunt Ruth. She was a part of our family parties and holidays for many years. She was widowed for 40 years. I'm sure there was another happy reunion above when she passed away.
I detailed Owen's visit in August BUT another exciting thing happened that month.
My first ever bought-by-myself CAR! I love it. It's a 2012 Elantra limited. It's so much fun to drive. LOVE it!
In September I detailed Sam's arrival in an earlier blog BUT I injured myself YET again. This time slamming my finger in the door of my beautiful new car right after I had taken the grandkids to Jump-On-It.
Me, getting the shot to numb the finger(seriously, the worse shot I've ever had!)
Turnicut to stop the bleeding(so glad my platelets were good)
Foil finger nail(so the skin would stay in the right place
so the nail could grow back)
The going home "look"This finger thing has been a pain in the.... well, hand BUT all in all its been a great few months. I have had fun loving, hugging and kissing on two very cute, sweet babies! Love all these grandkids of mine!!
Next up: My trip to Portland to visit RICK and soon... another new grandbaby! What a great life I have!! WaHoooo~
Next up: My trip to Portland to visit RICK and soon... another new grandbaby! What a great life I have!! WaHoooo~







0 comments:
Post a Comment